(Modified September 26, 2020: Clarification of movement directions;wearing of masks; addition of apologetic afterword.)
Please note the following instructions before attending in person worship at St. Mary’s Anglican Church.
- You must practice self-screening. If you, or any one in your household, are not feeling well or have been exposed to Covid-19 please stay at home.
- Please observe social distancing of 2m upon entering the church and while inside the church building.
- Families from the same household need to sit together in a pew. Members of separate households are required to sit in every other pew. Please remain in place once you are seated.
- Every other pew will be roped off, please do not sit in these pews.
- Hand sanitizer will be available inside both doors. Please use the hand sanitizer upon entering and leaving the building.
- If you need to cough or sneeze do this into your elbow.
- Please follow the arrows indicating the direction to go when entering and leaving the sanctuary.
- Use the side aisles to go to your pew
- Use the centre aisle to exit. We are asking those sitting in the pews on the north side of the church to exit first and go out the 15th Avenue door. Then those sitting in the pews on the south side of the church to exit and go out the Montague Street door.
- Please go up the center aisle if you are going for communion. There is hand sanitizer at the front of the pews for you to use. Please return to your pew by the side aisles.
- There will be a booklet containing the service placed on the pew. There will be no prayer books or hymnals in the pews.
- You are encouraged to wear a mask. A mask must be worn when singing.
- If you would like to join in with singing you must wear a mask. The exception to this is for leaders of the service who are required to have an increased distance between themselves and the congregation.
- Beginning September 20th children are welcome to attend Faith Quest and Worship Center. Parents are asked to take their children to these programs before church and go and get them after church. Children who attend Faith Quest and Worship Center are to stay in the area of their program and are not to come upstairs into the sanctuary.
- The nursery will not be open at this time.
- There will be no coffee or lemonade time. Sharing of food is not permitted.
- The offering plate will not be available. Please continue to give your offering electronically or through the mail.
- Please let the church office know if you will require the use of the elevator. You will be required to wear a mask if you are using the elevator.
- If you attend a service and subsequently develop any symptoms, please call the church office so that others who were also in attendance can monitor their symptoms.
- A reminder that those with underlying medical conditions and those over 65 years of age are at a higher risk of experiencing worse symptoms than others from contracting the virus.
- Please do not go into upper hall or lower hall unless you are taking your children to Faith Quest or Worship Center.
- Please use the washroom at home. The washrooms by the Montague Street entrance will be available for emergencies only.
- Sunday Morning Prayer Service and sermon will continue to be emailed out each week.
We realize there are many guidelines that have been put in place which we are required to follow in order to have an in person worship service. We pray it will not detract from your desire to be here and worship the Lord. We appreciate you helping us to follow these rules. May God bless you today and every day for His mercies are new every morning.