St. Mary the Virgin Anglican Church plans to sponsor a South Sudanese refugee family of six, currently living in a Ugandan refugee camp. We have raised about $17,000, and we will continue to raise the remaining $18,000 to achieve the goal of raising $35,500 to support the refugee family once they arrive in Regina. You can support St. Mary’s Refugee Sponsorship Program by:
1. Sending your support through email transfer to (stmaryregina (at) gmail.com). Please include ‘South Sudanese Refugee Family Sponsorship” in the message. St. Mary already has automatic deposit set up for Interac electronic transfers. No password is required.
2. Contributing through Cheque for donations to St. Mary Anglican Church, 3337 – 15th Ave. Regina SK S4T 1T3, with a memo line “South Sudanese Family Sponsorship.”
3. Attending South Sudanese Fall Super (South Sudanese Food Fair) – a fundraiser to be held October 26 from 4:00 to 7:00 p.m. in St. Mary’s upper hall. Meals will be prepared by South Sudanese people in Regina, in support of the family in the refugee camp. You can also place your order at the church office for pick on October 26, 2019.
4. Joining our campaign online through CanadaHelps:https://www.canadahelps.org/en/charities/119188134RR0001-st-marys-anglican-church/campaign/refugee-family-sponsorship-fundraiser/
5. Donating cans and bottles – St. Mary’s will collect cans and bottle to recycle. Regina residents may contact Amanda H, Elizabeth D or Nathaniel Deng M for a flyer about the recycling project, or more information on pick up of bottles and cans.
Welcoming and loving strangers is a precious gift from the Lord, our God (Leviticus 19: 33-34).
For more information about the sponsorship, contact Rev. Nathaniel Athian Deng M, chair of the Refugee Sponsorship Committee.
SPC members include Beverly K, Deng Mark A, Mary R, Janice K, Sandra D, Tom J, Amanda H and Nathaniel Deng M