THE FOURTH SUNDAY AFTER EPIPHANY
January 30, 2022
GLORY BE TO JESUS CHRIST! GLORY BE TO HIM FOREVER!
TODAY AT ST. MARY’S
Public worship in the Diocese of Qu’Appelle is suspended as of Monday, January 10, 2022, until further notice. But we can join in worship via this live video stream link Sunday morning at 10:30 (CST). This same player will play the recorded service afterward.
(The same video link appears on the Order of Service page along with the text.)
PARISH LIFE NOTES
GODLY PLAY: Story for Jan. 30 is ‘Jesus is Baptized’ Mark 1: 9-11. Via Zoom.
Please pray for Marian and Art.
There will be a Candlemas Service with blessing of candles on Wednesday, February 2nd at 7 pm. Organized by St. Cuthbert Archdeaconry, it is being live-streamed and all are invited to join online. The service will begin streaming 10-15 minutes before 7:00 pm and can be found on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/ImmanuelAnglicanRegina or on YouTube at https://www.youtube.com/c/ImmanuelAnglicanParishRegina. Don’t forget to have any candles you want blessed by your side!
Vestry Meeting by zoom Tuesday, January 25, 2022
Updates for the congregation
- Rev. Paula and the Wardens provided an update to vestry of events over the past month or so.
- The YouTube live streaming of services will continue as long as we are not having in person services.
- The congregational AGM will be held by zoom on Sunday, February 13, 2022. A zoom link will be provided soon. Please put this date on your calendar. It is important that we have enough people attending to reach a quorum. Please send in any reports to the church office so Yvonne can get us organized for the meeting.
- The final year end financial statements will be ready for the AGM.
- We want the congregation to be aware ahead of time that the projected budget for 2022 will have a deficit of about $8,000.
- We are asking the congregation to be thinking about stewardship, fundraising and budget considerations so that together we can do effective planning going forward. We will be looking for volunteers for a fundraising committee.