Fourth Sunday After Trinity – July 10, 2022 10.30 o’clock
LIVE AUDIO STREAMING during today’s service is available on the Order of Service page. Recorded audio will be added following worship.
Parish Life Notes
A BIG THANK YOU to the St. Mary’s crew, that included Shelley, Lorna , Andrew, Sandra, Katherine, Shirley, Janice, Lyndon, Art, Norma and Bill, Mary, and Hilary, who organized, shopped, cooked, set and cleaned up at our Lessons from the Egyptian Desert Evening on Wednesday night attended by over 50 adults, youth, children, and babies! The recipe for the Egyptian Red Lentil Soup is as follows:
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 carrots, finely chopped
- 3 celery ribs, finely chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon chile powder
- 1 pound tomatoes, seeded and diced
- 2 cups red lentils (14 ounces)
- Plain yogurt, lemon wedges and warm pita, for serving
In a large pot, melt the butter. Add the onion, carrots, celery and garlic and cook over moderate heat, stirring, until softened, 5 minutes. Add the cumin, coriander and chile powder and cook until fragrant, 3 minutes. Add the tomatoes and cook just until softened, 2 minutes. Add the lentils and 8 cups of water and season with salt. Simmer over moderately low heat until the lentils are very soft, 30 minutes.
Working in batches, puree the soup. Season with salt and serve with yogurt, lemon wedges and warm pita.