TWELFTH SUNDAY AFTER TRINITY
September 4, 2022
GLORY BE TO JESUS CHRIST! GLORY BE TO HIM FOREVER
LIVE AUDIO STREAMING during today’s service is available on the Order of Service page. Recorded audio will be added following worship.
Parish Life Notes
Celebration of Holy Baptism of Luka and Johanna will take place today to be followed by pot-luck salad lunch!
Apples good eating apples and make great pies. If you want more call Len/Brenda. We have lots. Come pick all you want!
Diocese of Qu’Appelle Big Questions of Our Faith Series: “All Generations Shall Call Me Blessed”: Mary in the Scripture, Theology, and Liturgy of the Church.” Join us at 7:00 P.M. on Thursday, September 8, The Feast of the Nativity of the Blessed Virgin Mary for presentation and discussion led by the Rector.
Bishop’s Celebration Event. Due to the pandemic situation, attendance at Bishop Helen Kennedy’s ordination and installation on January 22 was restricted to a small number. To enable Bishop Helen to meet people from the church, ecumenical/interfaith, civil and Indigenous communities who could not be in invited in January, a celebration event for her episcopal ministry in the Diocese of Qu’Appelle will be held on Sunday, September 11, at 5 p.m. at St. Paul’s Cathedral. This will also provide an opportunity to mark Indigenous ministry in the diocese and the Queen’s Platinum Jubilee. The event will take the form of Choral Evensong followed by a reception. All are welcome.
Workbook of Living Prayer. Journey into the adventure of prayer! This six-week course, beginning the week of September 11, offers teaching and strategies for reflection on the nature of prayer. Meet once a week with others to talk about what you discover about God, yourself, and your relationship with the Holy Trinity. Speak to Lorna or Beth for details. Workbooks are available in the church office and cost $11.
Our 83rd Diocesan Synod is on October 14-16, 2022, at St. Paul’s Cathedral in Regina. Regina folks, are you able to billet a fellow Anglican who lives out of Regina for one or both of these nights? If so, please contact Kate and she will connect you with someone. Thank you!
ST. Mary’s Refugee Sponsorship Update.
We thank God the anticipated arrival for the South Sudanese Refugee family on October 19, 2022 at 20:06. We pray for safe travels for:
- Mapiou Deng
- Ahou Bol
- Arok Deng
- Ayak Norah
- Arok Rufus
In preparation for the arrival of the refugee family, we request for donations with the following items:
- Furniture: couches and sofa (1 set for the living room); mattresses and spring boxes for 5 beds (2 adult beds and three children’s beds); and two-set beddings for the beds. Queen sizes are preferrable.
- Clothing: Winter jackets and other seasonal clothes for three children (ages 5-girl, 7-boy, 9-boy) and three adults (two men and one woman); regular shoes for 3 adults (two men and one woman) and children (ages 5-girl, 7-boy, 9-boy); sports shoes for three children (ages 5-girl, 7-boy, 9-boy).
- Kitchenware: Plates, forks, spoons, sauce pans, and table clothes, etc. More sets of each group of items are preferred.
- Washroom Ware: towels, toilet paper, paper towel, face clothes, hand and body soaps, etc.
- Other miscellaneous items: wall pictures for children, cloth hangers, window curtains, car seat and two booster seats.
We are still waiting for the confirmation of arrival of Dau Mark. Please speak to RevdNathaniel if you would like to join in welcoming them at the airport!
Worship This Week
- 8.30 Morning Prayer on Tuesday and Friday
- 9.00 Morning Prayer on Wednesday
- 5.30 Evening Prayer on Wednesday.