THE FIRST SUNDAY IN ADVENT
November 27, 2022
GLORY BE TO JESUS CHRIST! GLORY BE TO HIM FOREVER
LIVE AUDIO STREAMING during today’s service is available on the Order of Service page. Recorded audio will be added following worship.
PARISH LIFE NOTES
WELCOME OF CONFIRMATION CANDIDATE. Today we welcome and pray for Anya as she begins a time of preparation to renew the vows of her baptism and to receive the laying on of hands with prayer in confirmation.
O GOD, who through the teaching of thy Son Jesus Christ didst prepare the disciples for the coming of the Comforter: Make ready, we beseech thee, the hearts and minds of thy servants who at this time are seeking the gifts of the Holy Spirit through the laying on of hands, that, drawing near with penitent and faithful hearts, they may be filled with his power; through the same Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.
VESTRY meeting follows the service today in the lounge.
CELEBRATING SAINT NICHOLAS UPDATE. Today’s call:
- Help wrapping the gift boxes in the gym after Church
- Running a stall and serving at the Christmas Café.
- Setting Up Tables: Thursday night at 7:00 p.m.
- Decorating and Baking/Pricing bee on Friday starting at 9.00 a.m.
- Hospitality workers for Saturday.
- Lend us your Christmas trees, garlands, lights, extension chords and decorations to decorate the hall, and be sure to label them!
ST. ANDREW’S DAY. THE LORD is glorious in His Saints: O come let is worship! Join us this Wednesday to celebrate the Feast of St. Andrew, The Apostle, with Morning Prayer at 9.00 a.m. and Evening Prayer at 5.30 p.m.
ST. MARY’S DINNER THEATRE OUTING takes place this Wednesday, November 30th with Potluck Supper at 6.00 p.m., and Regina Little Theatre’s production of C.S. Lewis classic work, “The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe.” at 7.30 p.m!
CANADIAN CHURCH CALENDARS have arrived. The profits from the sales go to St. Augustine’s Anglican Church. Calendars will be available at $5.00 each after today’s service. Please see Norma for payment. Thank you!
Worship This Week
- Tuesday, Thursday, Friday at 8:30 am
- Wednesday at 9:00 a.m.
- Wednesday at 5:30 pm. followed by pot luck supper in the Upper Hall.